I've been wanting to make one of those jewelry hanger-frame things, and for a few weeks have been stopping at every Goodwill I see (which there are A LOT here) in order to find the perfect frame. Last week, I found one, and so today I set out to finally put it together!
My ingredients: frame, fabric, wire mesh, and foam board (so I could push my studs into it).
I cut the foam board to fit in the frame using a dull steak knife and cutting board- it did the trick!
I first tried to cut the mesh wire with pliers- a no go. My scissors actually worked much better! That may however be the last thing they ever cut...
Next I stapled the fabric around my foam board and then just bent the mesh wire around that. I'm not sure how you're actually supposed to make one of these cause I just went for it, but it is seeming to work out
Finally, I fitted my board into the frame- and here it is!
I put nails on the bottom row to hang necklaces from and then just hooked or pushed in all the earrings- here is the finished product!
My ingredients: frame, fabric, wire mesh, and foam board (so I could push my studs into it).
I cut the foam board to fit in the frame using a dull steak knife and cutting board- it did the trick!
Next I stapled the fabric around my foam board and then just bent the mesh wire around that. I'm not sure how you're actually supposed to make one of these cause I just went for it, but it is seeming to work out
Finally, I fitted my board into the frame- and here it is!
I put nails on the bottom row to hang necklaces from and then just hooked or pushed in all the earrings- here is the finished product!






4 comments:
I love this project! I'm so impressed! It looks great, Jennie!
I so need one of these! Do you take orders??
cute!! looks like it's all coming together really well!
so impressed! I've been wanting to make one of these for a long time--more proof that I need to go thrifting with you :)
Post a Comment