Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I've posted about this before...

But there's a guy who does amazing chalk art on the downtown mall. "Sam Welty" is his name (or so says his signature). Well today I took a group of folks from work downtown and we saw him working on his next piece! He had finished one on foster care and was working on Stephen Colbert. I went up to him with my folks and asked if he was indeed Sam Welty. He confirmed and I told him I loved his work- I felt like I was meeting a celebrity! He was really nice and even gave some chalk to one of my clients to draw with. Here is his work to enjoy:





5 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful art - glad you got to meet the legend!

Ashley said...

Those are really cool!! Love meeting local celebrities :)

Christina Casares said...

wow those are so impressive!

maggie said...

so does he do this just for fun, or does he get paid by the city? This art is amazing... its so sad that its just temporary!

jennie said...

I'm pretty sure he just does it for fun! And yeah I walked by it 2 days later and it was already written on a bunch- so sad!