Sunday, April 25, 2010

the dandelion menace

when i got back from Texas the empty lot next to our house looked like this. when i saw it i said, "wow! it's so beautiful!" to which my dad responded "those are weeds." well i still thought they were quite lovely

but as time went on and the lot changed to this i began to understand why they're called weeds.
these things have been mowed several times (in the lot next door and in our yard) but they come back faster and taller every time! dandelions take over! so how do you get rid of them? do you just have to weed them all by hand?

6 comments:

Katie said...

Hahahaha I'll just wait until Chris comments on this. He gets SO mad every time he sees a dandelion or when I blow one... I think he has some sort of personal vendetta against them.

Chris said...

I have a profound hatred of dandelions, instilled in me by my dad. There is one way to get rid of them for good, and it involves an ordinary kitchen knife and a brown paper bag. And a strong back. Next time I'm there I can instruct you to get your technique just right.

Christina Casares said...

isnt' there some sort of weed spray you can use?

Elizabeth said...

haha i love Chris's method! I still enjoy picking dandelions, but I see why they could be annoying.

kayla said...

i'm with Liz...haha i can see the potential for them to get a bit out of hand, but i still love them at heart.

maggie said...

yes, dandelions have been the cause of much strife for my dad over the years! Can't wait to learn Chris's method. But i do also admit they can be fun :)