for christmas i made my brother and my new sis-in-law a "Thollander" shelf
i bought a plain wooden shelf

painted it yellow

and then attempted to stencil "Thollander" on it. but my stencils didn't work- i think i got the wrong kind of paint and it kept bleeding out under the stencil. so i eventually traced it and then just free-hand painted it. finally i put a finish coat on it and then screwed hooks onto the bottom to use as key holders (not pictured here though). it was fun!

so after completely that project i realized i needed a new calendar for the year. i got a free one from school but clearly it would be too big to fit on the wall space assigned for last year's.

but the calendar size itself would do

so i just cut out all the pages, hole punched them, and then tied some yarn so you could turn the pages. pretty easy, but i still felt proud of my resourcefulness.

does anyone have any good home craft ideas out there?
5 comments:
Jennie - that looks great! I'm so impressed!! How did you fix the shelf after the blue was bleeding through the stencils the first time? I don't see any mess-ups!
i'm so impressed! i really love the shelf. i haven't done too many crafts lately, but i'll be on the lookout for you
in response to your question kt- i scraped off the messed-up blue with a knife, sanded it a little, and then reapplied MANY coats of the yellow
i have been sadly very un-crafty in the new year. let me know of any more fun projects... these all look awesome!
I love that shelf! I'll have to look into doing something like that once I get my own place. Sadly, I haven't had much time for crafts since my headboard over the summer...still waiting to find time for my t-shirt blanket!
Post a Comment