Saturday, July 20, 2013

Philadelphia!

Last weekend I went up to Philadelphia to visit Maggie & Dave! Since Maggie is an official Philadelphia tour guide- it was literally like having my very own personal guide all through the city, and one that I love hanging out with! It was incredible. We saw pretty much all the iconic Philly spots on Saturday, and some lesser known ones along the way too. Here are some of the highlights-

Love Park

Me and Maggie the best tour guide ever in front of Independence Hall

Liberty Bell!

The Reading Terminal Market

Home of the Best Sandwich in America

Elfreth's Alley- the Nation's oldest Residential Street

Walk along the river

The United States Mint (where we also met up with Karen who had driven up with me to visit a friend)

A Bastille Day celebration at Eastern State Penitentiary- where we watched a cabaret parody of the French Revolution which culminated in 3000 Tasty Kakes (which I learned are from Philly) being launched into the crowd from the prison walls. It was amazing. And terrifying. And delicious.

Afterwards we got to take an evening tour of the prison. Which was pretty cool, and eerie!


Later that night we met up with Dave back in Narberth and went to their favorite local pub, where I ordered Jennie's new favorite sandwich in America- The Johnny. or maybe the Tommy. Whatever it was it was delicious. And enough to feed 8 people. And yes that's cranberry sauce

And all of that was Saturday! The following day Dave made us waffles in the morning (which were amazing) and then we explored Narberth and surrounding areas, relaxed some, made dinner, and watched a movie.

All in all it was a fantastic weekend! Thanks Maggie & Dave for hosting me! Your tour guide tip is in the mail...

3 comments:

David said...

We're so glad you had a good time. You're welcome back anytime, as are all your dedicated readers. :-)

Ashley said...

Wow what a trip!! You guys were busy - I am impressed. Looks like a great time - we will have to make the trip one day for sure!

Katie said...

Great and packed trip! Wish I had been there for it :)