Sunday, August 15, 2010

Texas comes to Cville

this post is way over due, but my Texas family came to visit Charlottesville a few weeks ago so i'd thought i'd post some pictures! having the kids here gives us excuses to do lots of fun things, so we did some of our staple activities as well as some new ones. we took our annual boating trip on Lake Anna, went peach picking, and of course did chocolate fountain! we also added some new events this summer like going to Frontier Culture Museum (which is in Staunton, VA and is pretty sweet) and throwing pots on the wheel at a friend of my parents house! it was great to have them here!
Sophie modeling on lake Anna
the family looks like they should be in a noodle ad herepeach picking- joined by Katie!
chocolate fountain is a must

"ladies breakfast" with Sophie while the men went out to breakfast. we used a combination of a tea set of mine given to me by Granny Thollander and Sophie's princess tea set- it was a big hit
jake making a pot on the wheel!
it's always awesome to see them!

5 comments:

Christina Casares said...

they're all looking so big! not that I've ever met them in person, but I feel like I've been able to get to know them through your pictures! :)

Elizabeth said...

what an awesome spread of activities! sophie is so beautiful!

Katie said...

Where were you potting?? I want to go! Love these pictures :)

jennie said...

some of my parents' friends just got a potter's wheel! it's awesome and they said we can come do it anytime! we could set something up if you want to go sometime!

maggie said...

oh my! they had such an awesome VA vacation! I'm glad you got to spend so much great time with them... and Sophie is so beautiful!!!