Sunday, June 27, 2010

Drive-In Movie Night!

last night i went to my first ever drive in movie! there's a drive-in theatre about 45 minutes from charlottesville in Fork Union. we had snacks and played Cornhole before hand, and then it was time to set up our lawn chairs and blankets for a double feature- Where the Wild Things Are and The Karate Kid with Jackie Chan and Will Smith's son! I had seen Where the Wild Things Are before and didn't love it the first time (sort of bizarre and very different than what I expected), but this time I was able to get past that and look for the meaning behind the movie, and I appreciated it a lot more! I thought the Karate Kid was a new one, but turns out it's pretty much a straight remake of the old one, with a few minor changes. Still good though. It was really fun and now I'm a big fan of drive-in movies!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Nice new design! Fork Union was close to us in F'ville - I didn't know about their drive in!

Christina Casares said...

How fun! I've never been to a drive-in. Love the new look of your blog!

Elizabeth said...

i have always wanted to go to a drive-in movie! i love your new blog picture! where is it?

jennie said...

it's "Lake Redfields" in the development where my parents live. it's not actually this pretty but the picture makes it look really good!

maggie said...

drive-in movies are my favorite part of summer! there is a sweet on in harrisburg! did they play the old-timey cartoons before the features got started?? love that part!