Sunday, November 16, 2008

in delhi, heading to varanassi

hey all!

i only have a minute but i just wanted to say that things are going really well. we got to delhi a few days ago and have been staying with a family here and touring around the city. yesterday we drove about 4.5 hours to agra to see the taj mahal, which was awesome. it kind of felt like i was standing in a postcard. tonight we take an overnight train to varanassi, which is one of the holiest hindu cities. its right on the ganges river, and hindus believe that if they die there they will go straight to paradise, and so needless to say a lot of people go there to die. after that we'll fly to nepal for about 4 days. i'd post pictures but i'm not on our comp so i cant, but i miss you all and hope everyone is doing well!

4 comments:

Katie said...

How awesome!! i like these short updates, keep 'em coming!

Elizabeth said...

wow you are such a world traveler! i can't wait to see your pictures of the taj mahal!

kayla said...

Jennie! I am so sorry I didn't reply earlier. My home computer crashed and I didn't have the blog links favorited on my work comp so I have unintentionally neglected them for a while. I am so impressed and amazed by the experience you are having! I cannot wait to be with you again and hear all about it person, but you are doing a fabulous job of documenting so far! :-) also, thank you so much for your email...how true to who you are that you would find time to send that encouragement to me in the middle of this intensely huge experience you are having! I love you lots! Take care and I'll talk to you soooon. :-)

Emily said...

jennie! so good to read your posts. to say the least i am thrilled that you hit up the taj. i can only hope that you took sufficient photographic evidence of the grand meeting.